Letter – Luria must be defeated
Published 6:26 pm Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Editor, The Smithfield Times
I attended the local debate between Virginia Sen. Jen Kiggans, R-Virginia, and U.S. Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va., on Oct. 17. It was encouraging to see so many citizens show up to learn about the positions of each candidate so that they could make an informed decision when they vote on or before Nov. 8.
Unfortunately, Elaine Luria took the opportunity to show her true colors. To say that she was condescending, rude and unprofessional would be putting her conduct in the best light possible. Her dishonorable performance at this debate should be reason enough to disqualify her from representing the people of the 2nd district. There are many more reasons to put her out to pasture.
- Was missing in action in when violent protesters looted and burned cities across the nation, including Virginia Beach and Richmond.
- Wrote off concerns about teaching Critical Race Theory in schools.
- Has done nothing to stem the tide of illegal aliens crossing our southern border, bringing fentanyl, human trafficking and crime into our country.
- Has not pushed back against legislation that has killed our economy and our energy production, leaving grocery and gas prices at all-time highs.
- Voted for the $700 billion Inflation Reduction Act and later admitted, “That might be the name, but it’s a huge environmental bill.”
- Accepted donations from organizations that support defunding the police.
Elaine Luria has voted in step with the failed policies of Biden and Pelosi 99% of the time, according to ProjectFiveThirtyEight, which keeps a tally of how often every member of the House of Representatives and Senate votes with or against the president.
I encourage you to vote her out of office by voting for Jen Kiggans.