Newbie Mac owner? Here’s how you can operate it without any hassle!
Published 8:42 am Friday, March 19, 2021
First of all, congratulations, you are now a proud owner of one of the finest gadgets in the world, Mac. And that makes you responsible for using it properly because that thing is really expensive.
But what if you had it in your hands for the very first time? Yeah! It’s pretty overwhelming for a newbie Mac owner to feel that shiny thing in their palms. With awesome features and seamless experience comes to a lot of complications and confusing steps. But let’s get one thing clear, once you know what to do and how to do it, everything is just a piece of cake. And that’s where this article can help you with. Here are some of the points that can help you operate your new Mac.
- How to keep the software updated?
After some time, Apple releases a few updates in which the technicians fix all the necessary loopholes to keep the system running smoothly.
Now that you own a Mac, you should know that if you want to keep everything in line, keeping the software and apps updated is the best way to do it. Think of it as a regular health check-up of your computer system that needs to be done to keep it healthy and working safely.
You can check for the updates manually or set your system to check for them automatically.
Let’s just say you need to check for the updates manually. For this, you need to follow a series of steps mentioned below.
- In order to download the software updates for macOS, go to “Apple Menu” and click on “System Preferences.” Now you just need to click on “Software Update.”
Pro Tip: You can always click on the Apple menu to get notified about the available updates. If there are any updates listed next to the “System Preferences,” Choose it to continue.
Also, not many people know this, but you can update the software from the App store by clicking on the Apple menu. If there are any available updates next to the App store, choose it to continue in the app.
That’s how you can keep the Mac updated all the time.
- How to download new apps and files?
Obviously, you would want to download some applications and files for various purposes. It could be either for the sake of entertainment or work. But what if you are having a hard time downloading them?
Now, suppose you want to install a particular app on the computer. Then here are some series of installations that can help you with it.
- Open Mac store
- First of all, you need to clock on the price, which is located under the app’s star rating. If the application is free of cost, you’ll see an option “Get.”
- Then after clicking on the green “Install App button.” Now, you need to enter your Apple ID and password if required.
- Now, whatever app you just downloaded from the store should be visible to you in the Launchpad. And with a single click, you are all set to enjoy the features of that application. That was really easy. Right?
How to take screenshots?
Don’t you just hate it when even the simplest things start hindering the computing experience? How many times have you heard people uttering these words, “Oh No! My mac won’t screenshot, AGAIN? Well, that’s not going to happen with you because we are going to tell you how to screenshot without any hassle.
Now, you might be familiar with the fact that screenshotting your system’s screen is an essential tool while working. Right? Sometimes you try to avoid large files by screenshotting images or merely use them as a visual explainer tool.
Here’s how you can do it and avoid all the hustle and bustle.
- If you want to screenshot the entire screen, press Command + Shift + 3
- Now suppose you just want to screenshot a particular area. Then press Command + Shift + 4 and take it with a tap.
- How to clear cookies and caches?
According to the technical experts, clearing cookies and caches from your computer and browser is the most important chore that you need to do regularly. These are created by the websites on which your internet history is stored. They take unnecessary space on your RAM and slow it down. So, it is advised to delete them and take some load off your processor.
If you have no idea how to do it, don’t worry! We’ve got this covered. Here are some simple steps that can help in deleting those nasty caches and cookies easily. Let’s take a look at them.
- Click on “Settings” and look for “Safari” and simply tap “Clear History and Website Data” (Don’t worry! Clearing those cookies and all the browsing data won’t affect your Autofill Information)
- Also, there is another way to do it. Go to “Settings” and click on “Safari.” Now click on “Website Data” and then tap on “Website Data” This will help in keeping the history intact in your system.
You can also opt for blocking the cookies altogether. As mentioned earlier, it is a piece of data that a website creates on the device, so it remembers the user when he/she visits again. In order to block all the cookies, you need to go to “Settings” and tap “Block all Cookies” Now, those cookies won’t bother you or the system again.
Just like caches and cookies, sometimes Mac gets overflowed with duplicate files, which again takes unnecessary space on the hard drive. So, it is needless to say that you need to clear that too. You can either use an external hard drive to store it for future purposes or delete them manually. It all depends on your choice and requirements.
You saved up all the money just to have that one nice thing in life. What if you are not able to enjoy it properly? Thankfully, now you have something to start on. These tips mentioned above can help you enjoy the new computer seamlessly and avoid every hustle in the process.