Published 6:20 pm Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Editor, The Smithfield Times:
We are witnessing perhaps the most inept presidential administration in the history of our country.
Under President Joe Biden:
- A botched Afghan exit left 13 service members dead, hundreds of Americans left behind and billions of dollars of weaponry left for the Taliban.
- The U.S. recorded near 1.7 million illegal border crossings in 2021, the most since records began. 1.1 million, or 64%, were single adults.
- Inflation is at the highest level in 40 years. Food prices are way up, and empty grocery store shelves are becoming the norm.
- Gas prices are soaring. During a 2020 Democratic presidential primary debate, Joe Biden said: “No more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry. No more drilling including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill period. It ends.” Biden’s war on fossil fuels has hurt us and strengthened Vladimir Putin.
- Our adversaries are emboldened by Biden’s weakness. Russia invades Ukraine. China’s President Xi Jinping recently said that “reunification” with Taiwan “must be fulfilled.” North Korea conducted seven missile tests in January, more than all of 2021. Meanwhile, the United States is trying to revive the nuclear deal with Iran? A country committed to the “destruction” of Israel, with a doomsday clock in Tehran’s Palestine Square counting down to that destruction by 2040.
The only person possibly more incompetent than the president is Vice President Kamala Harris. Whenever she is asked a serious question, she more than often giggles uncontrollably. Most recently in Poland, she started laughing inappropriately when she was asked whether the U.S. will take in Ukrainian refugees. What an embarrassment.